Suspicious drain cleaner closes Michigan Avenue Bridge to pedestrians
April 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A suspicious package disrupted foot traffic on the Michigan Avenue Bridge for a short time Monday.
The package was on the Riverwalk near Michigan and Wacker.
As a precaution, pedestrians were not allowed on the Michigan Avenue Bridge or the Riverwalk.
Police dogs were used to search the area. The fire department says it turned out to be drain cleaner in a plastic bag.
Police say the move to close the bridge to foot traffic was a precautionary measure after they received calls of a suspicious package early Monday afternoon.The bridge reopened to pedestrians around 1:15 p.m.
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery 20 min ago
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway 37 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial draws Obama to South Africa
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- 'Frozen' takes top box office spot with $31.6M
- ABC7 To Go, December 9, 2013
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos