Suspicious drain cleaner closes Michigan Avenue Bridge to pedestrians
April 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A suspicious package disrupted foot traffic on the Michigan Avenue Bridge for a short time Monday.
The package was on the Riverwalk near Michigan and Wacker.
As a precaution, pedestrians were not allowed on the Michigan Avenue Bridge or the Riverwalk.
Police dogs were used to search the area. The fire department says it turned out to be drain cleaner in a plastic bag.
Police say the move to close the bridge to foot traffic was a precautionary measure after they received calls of a suspicious package early Monday afternoon.The bridge reopened to pedestrians around 1:15 p.m.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting 15 min ago
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home