Suspicious drain cleaner closes Michigan Avenue Bridge to pedestrians
April 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A suspicious package disrupted foot traffic on the Michigan Avenue Bridge for a short time Monday.
The package was on the Riverwalk near Michigan and Wacker.
As a precaution, pedestrians were not allowed on the Michigan Avenue Bridge or the Riverwalk.
Police dogs were used to search the area. The fire department says it turned out to be drain cleaner in a plastic bag.
Police say the move to close the bridge to foot traffic was a precautionary measure after they received calls of a suspicious package early Monday afternoon.The bridge reopened to pedestrians around 1:15 p.m.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 45 min ago
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 18 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released 35 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 12 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All 51 min ago