Suspicious drain cleaner closes Michigan Avenue Bridge to pedestrians
April 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A suspicious package disrupted foot traffic on the Michigan Avenue Bridge for a short time Monday.
The package was on the Riverwalk near Michigan and Wacker.
As a precaution, pedestrians were not allowed on the Michigan Avenue Bridge or the Riverwalk.
Police dogs were used to search the area. The fire department says it turned out to be drain cleaner in a plastic bag.
Police say the move to close the bridge to foot traffic was a precautionary measure after they received calls of a suspicious package early Monday afternoon.The bridge reopened to pedestrians around 1:15 p.m.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus 40 min ago