Semi flips, ties up traffic on Tri-State Tollway near Rt. 173
April 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A spectacular crash shuts down a part of the Tri-State Tollway near the Wisconsin border.
State police say a semi-truck was traveling westbound near Route 173 Tuesday morning when a driver cut it off.The truck veered to the left and struck the median wall. That caused the trailer to break free and flip over the wall before crashing upside down in the eastbound lanes.
Both the trailer and cab caught fire.
The driver was able to escape unharmed.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 42 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD 48 min ago