83 guns -- 4 assault weapons -- seized by Cook County sheriff
April 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Cook County Sheriff's office seized dozens of guns as part of what it calls an aggressive new effort to remove guns from those who possess them illegally.Since initiating the effort seven weeks ago, 83 guns, including four assault weapons, have been recovered.
Authorities are also confiscating revoked Firearm Owners Identification cards.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney