Chicago Bishop Larry Trotter announces he has prostate cancer
April 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Bishop Larry D. Trotter, senior pastor of the Sweet Holy Spirit Church of Chicago recently announced to his congregation that he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, according to a statement released Tuesday.
Trotter will undergo surgery on May 20, the release said.
According to the release, doctors have informed Trotter that the cancer is in its earliest stages and his prognosis is good.
Bishop Trotter says he's feeling good and has maintained a normal church schedule.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus