Chicago Bishop Larry Trotter announces he has prostate cancer
April 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Bishop Larry D. Trotter, senior pastor of the Sweet Holy Spirit Church of Chicago recently announced to his congregation that he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, according to a statement released Tuesday.
Trotter will undergo surgery on May 20, the release said.
According to the release, doctors have informed Trotter that the cancer is in its earliest stages and his prognosis is good.
Bishop Trotter says he's feeling good and has maintained a normal church schedule.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 47 min ago
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer 48 min ago
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting 3 min ago
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party 16 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 24 min ago
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Grab a pint or legendary pizza in Beverly
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
39 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
47 min ago