Chicago Bishop Larry Trotter announces he has prostate cancer
April 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Bishop Larry D. Trotter, senior pastor of the Sweet Holy Spirit Church of Chicago recently announced to his congregation that he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, according to a statement released Tuesday.
Trotter will undergo surgery on May 20, the release said.
According to the release, doctors have informed Trotter that the cancer is in its earliest stages and his prognosis is good.
Bishop Trotter says he's feeling good and has maintained a normal church schedule.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 21 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire 18 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand