I-90 reopened after semi crash, fire ties up I-90 at U.S. 20 near Marengo
May 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Jane Addams Tollway has reopened after a fiery crash shut down a portion of the tollway for several hours this morning.
Officials say a semi-truck was traveling eastbound on the Jane Addams Tollway near Route 20 in a construction zone when it hit a concrete median wall around 5:30 a.m. The truck burst into flames, and a pickup truck traveling westbound on I-90 was hit by debris and diesel fuel.
The driver of the semi sustained minor injuries while the driver of the pickup was unharmed, officials said.
The crash and fire led to the closures, and more than three-mile backup in the Marengo/Hampshire area. Traffic was diverted to Genoa Road and Route 20.
The fire was struck around 7 a.m. Due to large amounts of concrete debris cleanup, one lane in each direction remained closed for several hours on Wednesday.
- CTA: Red Line delays persist, train service restored 63rd to 95th
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 16 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
16 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos