I-90 reopened after semi crash, fire ties up I-90 at U.S. 20 near Marengo
May 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Jane Addams Tollway has reopened after a fiery crash shut down a portion of the tollway for several hours this morning.
Officials say a semi-truck was traveling eastbound on the Jane Addams Tollway near Route 20 in a construction zone when it hit a concrete median wall around 5:30 a.m. The truck burst into flames, and a pickup truck traveling westbound on I-90 was hit by debris and diesel fuel.
The driver of the semi sustained minor injuries while the driver of the pickup was unharmed, officials said.
The crash and fire led to the closures, and more than three-mile backup in the Marengo/Hampshire area. Traffic was diverted to Genoa Road and Route 20.
The fire was struck around 7 a.m. Due to large amounts of concrete debris cleanup, one lane in each direction remained closed for several hours on Wednesday.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 9 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 20 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 51 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 30 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 57 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
6 min ago