Dead infant found in cooler at recycling center in Chicago Ridge
May 1, 2013 (CHICAGO RIDGE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A dead baby with an umbilical cord still attached was found inside a cooler at a recycling center in Chicago Ridge.
Crews were sorting through bottles and cardboard when the cooler was opened and the baby, a boy, was discovered inside a blanket around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. The newborn male was found wrapped in a dark blue towel, according to authorities.
At this point investigators have tracked the loads to Waukegan or Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin. They would have been the result of recycling pick-ups on Monday in those areas.
Police are investigating.
local, leah hope
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 39 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 33 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton 15 min ago
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina 15 min ago
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen 13 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across...
39 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
33 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos