Dead infant found in cooler at recycling center in Chicago Ridge
May 1, 2013 (CHICAGO RIDGE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A dead baby with an umbilical cord still attached was found inside a cooler at a recycling center in Chicago Ridge.
Crews were sorting through bottles and cardboard when the cooler was opened and the baby, a boy, was discovered inside a blanket around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. The newborn male was found wrapped in a dark blue towel, according to authorities.
At this point investigators have tracked the loads to Waukegan or Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin. They would have been the result of recycling pick-ups on Monday in those areas.
Police are investigating.
local, leah hope
- SXSW crash in downtown Austin kills 2, injures 23 8 min ago
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping