Bryeon Hunter search resumes at Des Plaines River
May 1, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) -- Cook County Sheriff's deputies returned to the Des Plaines River in their search for Bryeon Hunter, a toddler who has been missing since last month.
Deputies used dogs and boats to search for the missing 1-year-old boy Wednesday near First Avenue and Lake Street in Maywood. His mother, Lakesha Baker, first said the boy was abducted, but she and her boyfriend, Michael Scott, were later charged with first-degree murder. Prosecutors say Baker, 22, and Scott, 21, killed the child and dumped his body.
Officials have been searching for the boy since mid-April.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 14 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side 8 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- ABC7 To Go, December 12, 2013
44 min ago