Chicago Jazz Fest lineup announced; Charles Lloyd Quartet, Jack DeJohnnette included
May 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced the lineup for the 35th Annual Chicago Jazz Festival set to take place on August 29-September 1.
Some notable performers include the Charles Lloyd Quartet with special guest Bill Frissel, NEA Jazz Master drummer Jack DeJohnnette, saxophonist Charles Lloyd, pianist and composer Jason Moran, Chicago-based saxophonist and composer Geof Bradfield and New Orleans saxophonist Donald Harrison with his band.
The free festival will open at the Chicago Cultural Center on August 29 before it moves to its new home in Millennium Park Thursday evening where it will stay for the rest of the weekend. Grant Park hosted the festival for years so the new venue will be a big change for festival-goers.
Emanuel says the festival will remain a priority of his cultural agenda.
"The city of Chicago has always been proud to foster one of America's great musical genres. This heritage festival draws artists and fans the world over, advancing several priorities of the Chicago Cultural Plan including strengthening Chicago as a global cultural destination," Emanuel said in a press release.
For more information visit chicagojazzfestival.us
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains