Dr. Luygy Zavaleta Jara accused of sexual assaults on patients at Stroger Hospital in Chicago
May 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An arrest warrant was issued last week for a resident doctor at Stroger Hospital. Dr. Luygy Zavaleta Jara, 28, is accused of criminal sexual assault.
Jara allegedly assaulted two patients and police believe he may have fled the country to his native Peru.
Bond for Dr. Jara was set at $3 million.
Jara was working at Stroger Hospital as a resident doctor of internal medicine. In March, he was accused of sexually assaulting a patient during a gynecological exam. That same month, he allegedly exposed himself to a second patient and allegedly assaulted her.
The hospital dismissed him then, and an investigation was launched.
Jara's temporary license to practice at Stroger has been suspended.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 19 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie 47 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73 12 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
47 min ago
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73
12 min ago