Chicago's Buckingham Fountain back in season
May 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's Buckingham Fountain is back in action for its 86th season.
The fountain in Chicago's Grant Park will be turned on at 11 a.m. on Thursday. It operates from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. through the fall, depending on the weather.
During the season, the fountain, at 301 S. Columbus Drive, puts on a display every hour on the hour with water that shoots 150 feet in the air. After dusk, the display is accompanied by a 20 minute light and music show.
The fountain is run by the Chicago Park District through a partnership with March of Dimes and Kmart.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station 11 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 41 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe 16 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor