Chicago firefighter Sean Sloe killed in motorcycle accident near Springfield
May 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago firefighter and paramedic was killed in a motorcycle accident on I-55 near Springfield, Illinois, on Thursday morning.
On Thursday afternoon, the Chicago Fire Department identified him as Sean Sloe, assigned to Truck 55.
Authorities say Sloe was on the ramp to I-55 southbound when he hit two semi trucks. The crash is under investigation.
Sloe's brother is a firefighter with the Springfield Fire Department.
This news comes after motorcycle groups joined Wednesday in Springfield with the Illinois State Police and transportation officials to kick off a safety campaign in an effort to decrease motorcycle accidents. There is no confirmation that Sloe was attending the event.
Funeral arrangements are pending.
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment 1 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 53 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash 15 min ago
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago 47 min ago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake