Maine West High School pays pro $74K after hazing scandal
May 3, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) -- A hazing scandal is turning out to be more than embarrassing for a suburban Chicago high school. It's expensive, too.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports that after hiring a former federal prosecutor to investigate allegations of sexual abuse among members of a Maine West High School soccer team, the school district has been charged nearly $74,000.
The paper says the cost of the investigation into the high school in Des Plaines could go higher because the $74,000 only reflects the investigation in January and February. The investigation continued into March and April and remains ongoing.
The allegations that members of the boys freshman soccer team were sexually assaulted have already resulted in a lawsuit and misdemeanor charges against six teenagers.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way 1 min ago
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Firefighter crashes van into Ind. home, suffers burns 7 min ago
- Sex assault trial begins without defendant, 85 2 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- Bobby Rush returning to Congress from leave of absence
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest allegations not enough
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way
1 min ago