Maine West High School pays pro $74K after hazing scandal
May 3, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) -- A hazing scandal is turning out to be more than embarrassing for a suburban Chicago high school. It's expensive, too.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports that after hiring a former federal prosecutor to investigate allegations of sexual abuse among members of a Maine West High School soccer team, the school district has been charged nearly $74,000.
The paper says the cost of the investigation into the high school in Des Plaines could go higher because the $74,000 only reflects the investigation in January and February. The investigation continued into March and April and remains ongoing.
The allegations that members of the boys freshman soccer team were sexually assaulted have already resulted in a lawsuit and misdemeanor charges against six teenagers.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos