Indiana military hero Timothy Johns dies in California car crash
May 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A northwest indiana native is being remembered as a true patriot who loved the military.
Senior Chief Timothy Johns died in a car crash in California.
He was a member of an elite navy group, an explosive ordinance disposal technician.
Johns was awarded a Purple Heart after being injured in Iraq.
Johns' body will be flown to Midway Airport on Saturday.
After a funeral in Indiana, he will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 18 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 16 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured 5 min ago
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum 53 min ago
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime 37 min ago
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored 54 min ago
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day 55 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits