Indiana military hero Timothy Johns dies in California car crash
May 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A northwest indiana native is being remembered as a true patriot who loved the military.
Senior Chief Timothy Johns died in a car crash in California.
He was a member of an elite navy group, an explosive ordinance disposal technician.
Johns was awarded a Purple Heart after being injured in Iraq.
Johns' body will be flown to Midway Airport on Saturday.
After a funeral in Indiana, he will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake