CAIR banquet honors civil rights
May 4, 2013 (ROSEMONT, Ill.) (WLS) -- An annual banquet was held Saturday night to honor those in the forefront of promoting civil and constitutional rights in Chicago.
The 9th annual Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) celebrated the theme #hate-free.
The dinner and awards ceremony took place at the Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont.
Organizers say it in the largest and most diverse event for Muslims in Illinois and among the largest in the country.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 14 min ago
- No $344M jackpot winners on 12/10/13 56 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side 35 min ago
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
38 min ago
- 7 in 77
50 min ago
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
14 min ago