Maria Tallchief memorial planned in Chicago
May 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A public memorial was scheduled Sunday to celebrate the legacy of an American ballerina who helped bring the Joffrey Ballet to Chicago.
Maria Tallchief Paschen passed away April 11 at the age of 88.
She was director of ballet for Chicago's Lyric Opera in the 1970s and founded the Chicago City Ballet.
Sunday's memorial was at Francis Parker school on Webster Avenue at 3 p.m.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 5 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88 57 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor