Pace Bus on Shoulder expansion speeds commute
May 5, 2013 (WLS) -- The commute from the southwest suburbs is now a little quicker for some bus riders.
Starting Monday, more buses are now traveling on the shoulder of the Stevenson Expressway to bypass congested areas.
The expansion affects Pace routes 755 and 855, operating between Chicago and the southwest suburbs, including Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Lemont, Lockport and Joliet Union Station.
New midday service is being added, as well as a later evening trip.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos