Pace Bus on Shoulder expansion speeds commute
May 5, 2013 (WLS) -- The commute from the southwest suburbs is now a little quicker for some bus riders.
Starting Monday, more buses are now traveling on the shoulder of the Stevenson Expressway to bypass congested areas.
The expansion affects Pace routes 755 and 855, operating between Chicago and the southwest suburbs, including Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Lemont, Lockport and Joliet Union Station.
New midday service is being added, as well as a later evening trip.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 27 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Carly Rousso trial set to begin in May 3 min ago
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice 27 min ago
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 40 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
27 min ago