Pace Bus on Shoulder expansion speeds commute
May 5, 2013 (WLS) -- The commute from the southwest suburbs is now a little quicker for some bus riders.
Starting Monday, more buses are now traveling on the shoulder of the Stevenson Expressway to bypass congested areas.
The expansion affects Pace routes 755 and 855, operating between Chicago and the southwest suburbs, including Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Lemont, Lockport and Joliet Union Station.
New midday service is being added, as well as a later evening trip.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 16 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold
- 7 in 77