Pace Bus on Shoulder expansion speeds commute
May 5, 2013 (WLS) -- The commute from the southwest suburbs is now a little quicker for some bus riders.
Starting Monday, more buses are now traveling on the shoulder of the Stevenson Expressway to bypass congested areas.
The expansion affects Pace routes 755 and 855, operating between Chicago and the southwest suburbs, including Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Lemont, Lockport and Joliet Union Station.
New midday service is being added, as well as a later evening trip.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop 53 min ago
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Accused NU professor will not teach spring quarter
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler