Walk MS events raise money for support, research
May 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sunday is an important day in the fight against multiple sclerosis, as 11 sites all across the state hosted Walk MS events.
ABC7 meteorologist Jerry Taft helped get one in Grant Park rolling Sunday morning.
Donations raised directly help people affected by MS through support programs and cutting edge research. MS is often a disabling disease of the central nervous system.
Last year, more than $2.7 million was raised in Illinois.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion 1 min ago
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand