Walk MS events raise money for support, research
May 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sunday is an important day in the fight against multiple sclerosis, as 11 sites all across the state hosted Walk MS events.
ABC7 meteorologist Jerry Taft helped get one in Grant Park rolling Sunday morning.
Donations raised directly help people affected by MS through support programs and cutting edge research. MS is often a disabling disease of the central nervous system.
Last year, more than $2.7 million was raised in Illinois.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
1 min ago