Walk MS events raise money for support, research
May 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sunday is an important day in the fight against multiple sclerosis, as 11 sites all across the state hosted Walk MS events.
ABC7 meteorologist Jerry Taft helped get one in Grant Park rolling Sunday morning.
Donations raised directly help people affected by MS through support programs and cutting edge research. MS is often a disabling disease of the central nervous system.
Last year, more than $2.7 million was raised in Illinois.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73 16 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 9 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73
16 min ago