Cinco de Mayo celebrations continue with parade
May 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cinco de Mayo celebrations continued this weekend across the city with a Sunday parade held in Douglas Park.
Thousands of people turned out for the annual parade, which celebrates Mexico's victory over the French at the battle of Puebla in 1862.
Musicians, bands, dancers and members of the armed forces all participated in Sunday's parade.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap