Police officer shot by fellow cop in accident
May 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago police officer was shot and wounded by a fellow officer in an accident that also involved a dog.
The shooting happened in the Englewood neighborhood in the 1200-block of West 72nd Place, just a few blocks away from a Chicago police station.
Officers say they were responding to a burglary at the time. When some officers went to the second-floor landing of the building, they say a vicious dog charged and attacked. One officer reportedly shot at it, and another officer was hit in the leg by a bullet.
The injured 42-year-old officer was taken to Stroger Hospital and was expected to be OK. The officer was released Tuesday morning.
local, jason knowles
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 49 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 17 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 53 min ago
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
52 min ago
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
49 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
17 min ago