Police officer shot by fellow cop in accident
May 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago police officer was shot and wounded by a fellow officer in an accident that also involved a dog.
The shooting happened in the Englewood neighborhood in the 1200-block of West 72nd Place, just a few blocks away from a Chicago police station.
Officers say they were responding to a burglary at the time. When some officers went to the second-floor landing of the building, they say a vicious dog charged and attacked. One officer reportedly shot at it, and another officer was hit in the leg by a bullet.
The injured 42-year-old officer was taken to Stroger Hospital and was expected to be OK. The officer was released Tuesday morning.
local, jason knowles
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 6 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 24 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 40 min ago
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
40 min ago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
37 min ago
- Let's Dish: Colcannon
23 min ago