Teen with Down Syndrome named prom king at Zion-Benton HS
May 6, 2013 (ZION, Ill.) (WLS) -- Prom is a special night for all high school seniors.
But it was extra special for Justin Bykowski, a teenager with Down Syndrome, in suburban Zion this past weekend.
Word that Bychowski was running for prom king spread like wildfire around Zion-Benton High School.
He won the title by an overwhelming majority with over 300 votes.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 5 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 11 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits