Crundwell being held at downtown Chicago prison
May 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Dixon Comptroller Rita Crundwell was transferred to a federal prison in Chicago.
While in office, Crundwell stole millions from the western Illinois town.
The federal bureau of prisons has confirmed that last Thursday she was moved to the Metropolitan Correctional Center (MCC). The MCC is normally an interim holding facility and Crundwell is expected to be transferred to another prison.
She's serving a sentence of nearly 22 years.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party 41 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 54 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross 40 min ago
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds 57 min ago
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
40 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos