Daley official Norma Reyes dies
May 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office confirms to ABC7 that Mayor Richard M. Daley administration official Norma Reyes has died at the age of 56.
The Chicago Tribune reports that older sister Lillian Reyes says the family, which included seven children who all live in Chicago, is "heartbroken."
Mayor Daley issued the following statement on Tuesday:
"Norma Reyes was a wonderful person, kind, giving, always upbeat. She had a fantastic sense of humor and a strong sense of duty to provide opportunities for the less fortunate. A truer friend would be hard to find. I will miss her. "
Reyes served as Business Affairs and Consumer Protection Commissioner.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 20 min ago
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson 3 min ago
- Mariola Zapalski wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 5 min ago
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake