Applebee's closing at least 8 restaurants in Chicago area
May 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- At least eight of the 33 Applebee's restaurants in the Chicago area are expected to close as the franchise goes into bankruptcy.
The chain filed for Chapter 11 protection in April.
Diners apparently are opting for more fast food or splurging for a trendier experience when they do eat out.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 10 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 11 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway 55 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
45 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
10 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
1 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos