Applebee's closing at least 8 restaurants in Chicago area
May 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- At least eight of the 33 Applebee's restaurants in the Chicago area are expected to close as the franchise goes into bankruptcy.
The chain filed for Chapter 11 protection in April.
Diners apparently are opting for more fast food or splurging for a trendier experience when they do eat out.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 11 min ago
- No $344M jackpot winners on 12/10/13 16 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 13 min ago
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash 41 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
13 min ago
- 7 in 77
10 min ago
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
11 min ago