School bomb threat charges to be filed against girl, Lemont police say
May 8, 2013 (LEMONT, Ill.) (WLS) -- Charges will be filed against a southwest suburban girl after she allegedly admitted to writing a bomb threat on a school wall.
It happened at Oakwood Middle School in Lemont.
The message was found Sunday on a wall. It allegedly mentioned a bomb at the school on Tuesday.
Police patrolled the school as a precaution and officials say attendance has been down the past two days.
Investigators say the girl will be charged as a juvenile and could be expelled from school.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Glenview, Chicago cops accused of lying in court 25 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools 8 min ago
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass 47 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 38 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos