Johnny Borizov murder trial: Defense starts its case
May 8, 2013 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- The prosecution has rested and the defense begun to present its case in the murder trial of Johnny Borizov.
He is accused of plotting to kill three members of a suburban Darien family in 2010.
Borizov allegedly hired Jacob Nodarse to do the killing for him. Nodarse pleaded guilty but mentally ill to one of the three killings and testified for the prosecution against Borizov.
Nodarse told the court in April that he was manipulated over several months by Borizov into killing the Kramer family. Borizov was in the midst of a custody battle with the Kramer family's daughter Angela who was not unharmed.
Borizov's defense team argues that Nodarse acted alone and there is no evidence that Borizov was involved. The defense's first witness was a doctor who talked about the drugs found in Nodarse's system at the time of the killing.
local, leah hope
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment 53 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 58 min ago
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western 25 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake