O'Hare hires goats to graze airport grounds
May 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Goats will soon graze the grounds surrounding O'Hare airport.
About 25 goats - and possibly some sheep - will graze certain areas to help control weeds and other vegetation.
A similar program has been in place at San Francisco International Airport since 2001.
The Department of Aviation has awarded the contract to a company that also operates the Lincoln Park restaurant "Butcher and the Burger."
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4... 14 min ago
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room 21 min ago
- Beer lawsuit alleges hockey arena charged $3 more for same-size... 54 min ago
- Malaysia denies report missing plane kept flying hours after...
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- 7 in :77
30 min ago