O'Hare hires goats to graze airport grounds
May 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Goats will soon graze the grounds surrounding O'Hare airport.
About 25 goats - and possibly some sheep - will graze certain areas to help control weeds and other vegetation.
A similar program has been in place at San Francisco International Airport since 2001.
The Department of Aviation has awarded the contract to a company that also operates the Lincoln Park restaurant "Butcher and the Burger."
- South suburbs on alert after series of attacks
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Crowds descend on Rome ahead of canonization
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wrigley Field anniversary cake tossed in dumpster
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee
- 5 CPS schools to begin offering mariachi classes
- I-Team: Gov't officials discuss campus sex assaults
- Hinsdale woman featured in People magazine
- All Southland College Prep seniors accepted to college
- NIU hazing death case in court
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- abcnews: Avril Lavigne Slammed for New Video