O'Hare hires goats to graze airport grounds
May 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Goats will soon graze the grounds surrounding O'Hare airport.
About 25 goats - and possibly some sheep - will graze certain areas to help control weeds and other vegetation.
A similar program has been in place at San Francisco International Airport since 2001.
The Department of Aviation has awarded the contract to a company that also operates the Lincoln Park restaurant "Butcher and the Burger."
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 40 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 54 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 49 min ago
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother 22 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
41 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos