Sloth bear cubs make their debut at Brookfield Zoo
May 8, 2013 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Just a few days before Mother's Day, Brookfield Zoo's litter of sloth cubs made their public debut.
The sloth bear cubs were born in January to 10-year-old Hani.
Their birth was the first successful sloth bear birth at the zoo.
So far the cubs, a boy and a girl, have not been given names.
Zoo officials say the cubs will stick by their mother's side until they turn about 2 or 3-years-old.
To learn more about the sloth bear, you can visit Brookfield Zoo during their Annual Bear Awareness Weekend on Saturday May 18 and Sunday May 19.
Also SeePhotos:Zoo baby photos!
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 7 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations 54 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
7 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos