Sloth bear cubs make their debut at Brookfield Zoo
May 8, 2013 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Just a few days before Mother's Day, Brookfield Zoo's litter of sloth cubs made their public debut.
The sloth bear cubs were born in January to 10-year-old Hani.
Their birth was the first successful sloth bear birth at the zoo.
So far the cubs, a boy and a girl, have not been given names.
Zoo officials say the cubs will stick by their mother's side until they turn about 2 or 3-years-old.
To learn more about the sloth bear, you can visit Brookfield Zoo during their Annual Bear Awareness Weekend on Saturday May 18 and Sunday May 19.
Also SeePhotos:Zoo baby photos!
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing 39 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 55 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77