7 in Your Neighborhood: Beverly
May 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Beverly, or Beverly Hills as it's also known, is a peaceful community with tree lined streets and rolling hills that are unique to this South Side neighborhood.
"Where we are today, these homes along Longwood Drive are hundreds of years old," said Meghan Risch, of Choose Chicago.
Famously known for the annual South Side Irish Parade, it is also home to the 19th century Irish replica Givens Castle, which is now a Unitarian church and early childhood education center.
A neighborhood for all seasons, the Beverly Arts Center fuels the creativity of children of all ages through the arts, while the top notch golf courses steeped in history provide some of the most challenging and visually appealing golf that the city has to offer.
"The golf course has been around since 1902," said Mark Krizic, of the Ridge Country Club.
And in my case, the sand at Ridge Country Club is a golf ball magnet, but even a rough day on the golf course can be soothed with ice cream - a slice of life that dates back to 1926.
No matter what you may be looking for in this small village in the city, Beverly is filled with, fun, food and reasons for families to make this a permanent place in their lives.
local, tracy butler
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Police: 2 males found dead in South Side residence 53 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake