7 in Your Neighborhood: Beverly
May 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Beverly, or Beverly Hills as it's also known, is a peaceful community with tree lined streets and rolling hills that are unique to this South Side neighborhood.
"Where we are today, these homes along Longwood Drive are hundreds of years old," said Meghan Risch, of Choose Chicago.
Famously known for the annual South Side Irish Parade, it is also home to the 19th century Irish replica Givens Castle, which is now a Unitarian church and early childhood education center.
A neighborhood for all seasons, the Beverly Arts Center fuels the creativity of children of all ages through the arts, while the top notch golf courses steeped in history provide some of the most challenging and visually appealing golf that the city has to offer.
"The golf course has been around since 1902," said Mark Krizic, of the Ridge Country Club.
And in my case, the sand at Ridge Country Club is a golf ball magnet, but even a rough day on the golf course can be soothed with ice cream - a slice of life that dates back to 1926.
No matter what you may be looking for in this small village in the city, Beverly is filled with, fun, food and reasons for families to make this a permanent place in their lives.
local, tracy butler
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 2 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 36 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released 53 min ago
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 6 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 30 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
2 min ago