KaBOOM! names Chicago 'Playful City USA'
May 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Mayor's Office is announcing that the national non-profit organization KaBOOM! has named Chicago a 2013 "Playful City USA" community.
The award is for the city's efforts to provide children with a wide variety of safe opportunities for play.
ABC7 and Disney are teaming up with KaBOOM! to build a playground in Chicago later this month at Tonti Elementary on the Southwest Side.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 35 min ago
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos