Local Spanish TV personality charged with child sexual assault
May 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Elpidio "Juan" Contreras, a local Spanish language music show producer, has been charged with sexually assaulting a child who he was giving music lessons, according to the Office of Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez.
Contreras, 53, of Chicago, has been charged with one count of predatory criminal sexual assault. Contreras appeared in bond court Thursday in Chicago where his bond was set at $500,000.
According to prosecutors, Contreras was giving voice lessons to the 11-year-old victim beginning sometime in the summer of 2012 until approximately April of 2013. During the lessons, Contreras would meet the victim in his office where he is alleged to have touched the victim in an inappropriate manner and on several occasions took pictures of the victim posing in a bikini and topless.
Contreras is the producer and host of "The Juan Contreras Show," a Spanish language musical show featuring local and national musical talent.
Contreras was arrested by Chicago Police Wednesday. His next court date is set for May 29, 2013.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Chicago Palestine Film Festival 2014
19 min ago
- Let's Dish: German Apple Pancakes
2 min ago