Local Spanish TV personality charged with child sexual assault
May 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Elpidio "Juan" Contreras, a local Spanish language music show producer, has been charged with sexually assaulting a child who he was giving music lessons, according to the Office of Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez.
Contreras, 53, of Chicago, has been charged with one count of predatory criminal sexual assault. Contreras appeared in bond court Thursday in Chicago where his bond was set at $500,000.
According to prosecutors, Contreras was giving voice lessons to the 11-year-old victim beginning sometime in the summer of 2012 until approximately April of 2013. During the lessons, Contreras would meet the victim in his office where he is alleged to have touched the victim in an inappropriate manner and on several occasions took pictures of the victim posing in a bikini and topless.
Contreras is the producer and host of "The Juan Contreras Show," a Spanish language musical show featuring local and national musical talent.
Contreras was arrested by Chicago Police Wednesday. His next court date is set for May 29, 2013.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security 22 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88 16 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor