Report finds Maine West staff responded appropriately to hazing scandal
May 9, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) (WLS) -- A new report has been released on the hazing scandal at Maine West High School.
An independent investigator finds staff members responded appropriately to the circumstances.
It's been alleged that members of the boys' freshman soccer team were sexually assaulted.
Two soccer coaches have been suspended. A lawsuit has been filed and six teenagers face misdemeanor charges.
More information from the report is not being released while legal cases are going on.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap