Spring Grove woman falls under van, dies trying to go to hospital with husband
May 10, 2013 (SPRING GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- An 83-year-old woman who was attempting to follow an ambulance transporting her husband slipped and fell under her van and died early Friday in the northwest suburbs.
Before she fell, paramedics were responding to a medical emergency at the woman's home in the 1400-block of Main Street in Spring Grove and found a man in need of hospitalization, according to a release from the McHenry County Sheriff's office.
The man's wife, June A. Severs, wanted to follow the ambulance to the hospital and backed her 2010 Dodge van out of the garage and into the driveway to turn around, police said.
For some reason, the elderly woman then stopped the van and got out of the vehicle without putting the van in park, police said. Severs slipped on the wet pavement and fell under the van, which rolled backwards over her.
June Severs was taken to Centegra Hospital -- McHenry, where she was declared dead, police said.
Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 2 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 23 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 9 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 28 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
9 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos