Spring Grove woman falls under van, dies trying to go to hospital with husband
May 10, 2013 (SPRING GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- An 83-year-old woman who was attempting to follow an ambulance transporting her husband slipped and fell under her van and died early Friday in the northwest suburbs.
Before she fell, paramedics were responding to a medical emergency at the woman's home in the 1400-block of Main Street in Spring Grove and found a man in need of hospitalization, according to a release from the McHenry County Sheriff's office.
The man's wife, June A. Severs, wanted to follow the ambulance to the hospital and backed her 2010 Dodge van out of the garage and into the driveway to turn around, police said.
For some reason, the elderly woman then stopped the van and got out of the vehicle without putting the van in park, police said. Severs slipped on the wet pavement and fell under the van, which rolled backwards over her.
June Severs was taken to Centegra Hospital -- McHenry, where she was declared dead, police said.
Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos