911 call describes moment sinkhole swallowed car
The 911 call has been released from the exact moment a sinkhole swallowed a car on the South Side last month.
"I am not in the hole, i did hit the hole and i skidded across&It's a pretty big sized hole. It's roughly about 8 by 8 feet...Holy (expletive). I just fell in. It caved in, it caved in. I fell in completely," said the 911 caller.
The caller goes on to describe how he couldn't get out of the car because he was afraid it could roll over on top of him.
This happened during the massive rain storm on April 19 at 96th and Houston.
The caller was rescued and not seriously injured.
A cast iron water main dating back to 1915 ruptured during the storm. Several other utilities were also damaged.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 52 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 20 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 56 min ago
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
55 min ago
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
52 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
20 min ago