911 call describes moment sinkhole swallowed car
The 911 call has been released from the exact moment a sinkhole swallowed a car on the South Side last month.
"I am not in the hole, i did hit the hole and i skidded across&It's a pretty big sized hole. It's roughly about 8 by 8 feet...Holy (expletive). I just fell in. It caved in, it caved in. I fell in completely," said the 911 caller.
The caller goes on to describe how he couldn't get out of the car because he was afraid it could roll over on top of him.
This happened during the massive rain storm on April 19 at 96th and Houston.
The caller was rescued and not seriously injured.
A cast iron water main dating back to 1915 ruptured during the storm. Several other utilities were also damaged.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos