Julian High School holds Peace Day inspired by former student Blair Holt
May 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The second annual Peace Day at Julian High School was held on the six year anniversary of former Julian student Blair Holt's shooting death.
The mission of Peace Day is to address the root causes of violence, and to examine how to combat it.
Blair Holt's death six years ago outraged Chicago. A Chicago police commander and fire department captain lost their only child, 16-year-old Blair Holt, a student at Percy Julian High School.
"That's something that you never forget, losing your child to gun violence," said father Ronald Holt.
At this year's Peace Day assembly, bullying was the focus of the day and was highlighted in a documentary produced by another Julian student, Breana Davis.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in 42 min ago
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash 25 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for youth
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
42 min ago