CTA Red Line closed Cermak-Chinatown to 95th starting May 19
May 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On May 19, the CTA's Red Line reconstruction project begins, which means there will be no service from Cermak-Chinatown to 95th Street.
Red Line reconstruction will last for five months.
Crews will rebuild the line, and that's expected to take 20 minutes off commutes- when the project is finished. Until then, the CTA is offering bus services and alternative routes at http://www.transitchicago.com/redsouth/
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations 39 min ago
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday 7 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation