Woman goes into labor at Hawks game, waits for win
May 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Donna Lebano is a big Chicago Blackhawks fan. So even when she started having contractions, she just couldn't leave the game.
"No way was I leaving," Lebano said in a statement from Adventist Hinsdale Hospital. "We are a Hawks family. I had to see the end of the game."
At 8 months pregnant, Lebano's first contraction hit during the second period. But Lebano waited until she saw Chicago beat the Minnesota Wild, 5-1, on Thursday night before going straight to the hospital.
Just hours later, she gave birth to a son, Owen Michael. Owen weighs 6 pounds, 5 ounces and is 19.5 inches long. Mom and baby are both doing fine- and already ready to cheer on the Hawks in the next playoff game.
"Owen is such a great baby, very patient. We're doing fantastic and we think of Owen as Hossa's hat trick. Two goals in a playoff game and a baby delivered moments after getting to the hospital is an epic hat trick," Lebano said.
Lebano and her husband, Charles, have another son, Christian, who is 19 months old.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 40 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 39 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home 22 min ago
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 12 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
40 min ago