Woman goes into labor at Hawks game, waits for win
May 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Donna Lebano is a big Chicago Blackhawks fan. So even when she started having contractions, she just couldn't leave the game.
"No way was I leaving," Lebano said in a statement from Adventist Hinsdale Hospital. "We are a Hawks family. I had to see the end of the game."
At 8 months pregnant, Lebano's first contraction hit during the second period. But Lebano waited until she saw Chicago beat the Minnesota Wild, 5-1, on Thursday night before going straight to the hospital.
Just hours later, she gave birth to a son, Owen Michael. Owen weighs 6 pounds, 5 ounces and is 19.5 inches long. Mom and baby are both doing fine- and already ready to cheer on the Hawks in the next playoff game.
"Owen is such a great baby, very patient. We're doing fantastic and we think of Owen as Hossa's hat trick. Two goals in a playoff game and a baby delivered moments after getting to the hospital is an epic hat trick," Lebano said.
Lebano and her husband, Charles, have another son, Christian, who is 19 months old.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates