Father, girlfriend beat 11-year-old girl after she ate his ice cream: prosecutors
May 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- When Pierre Scarbrough realized his 11-year-old daughter had eaten his ice cream, prosecutors say the South Side man and his girlfriend plotted for hours to beat the little girl with an electrical cord when she came home from school.
A school official later noticed the bruises, swelling and laceration apparently resulting from her punishment, a prosecutor said, and now 41-year-old Scarbrough and 37-year-old Faith Alston are in lieu of $200,000 bail while charged with aggravated battery of a child and domestic battery.
They appeared in front of Cook County Judge Donald Panarese Jr. for bond hearings Sunday at the 26th and California criminal courthouse.
Assistant State's Attorney Heather Kent told the judge Scarbrough got upset Thursday that his daughter had eaten all of his ice cream. He and Alston, of the 8000 block of S. Loomis, discussed how they were going to hit the girl with an electrical cord after she came home from school, authorities said.
The girl came home around 4 p.m., Kent said, and about four hours later the couple entered her bedroom. Kent said Alston grabbed the girl and held her down while Scarbrough hit the girl with the cord 12 times.
Officers were called to the girl's school the next day when Kent said an assistant dean noticed her injuries. According to police reports, the girl also said Scarbrough hit her in the left eye with his fist on May 1. Scarbrough and Alston were arrested Friday, police said, and Kent said they admitted the Thursday beating.
Police also quoted Scarbrough in their reports as saying, "Yea, I beat that lil b - - - - a - - with an ironing cord. She stole from me."
The girl was taken to Little Company of Mary Hopsital.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights 26 min ago
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges 27 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago 29 min ago
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch 10 min ago
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Doritos wings, Mountain Dew dipping sauce could come to BWW
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold 30 min ago
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy
- 7 in :77
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
26 min ago
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
27 min ago