Man arrested in Northwestern-area robbery
May 13, 2013 (EVANSTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Evanston police have arrested a robbery suspect following an incident last month near the Northwestern University campus.
The robbery occurred April 20 near the intersection of Foster St. and Sheridan Road. The victim, a 24-year-old Northwestern University graduate student, was walking while talking on his phone when someone grabbed the phone, a Samsung Galaxy 3, from him and ran.
The victim initially attempted to chase down the robber, who then yelled he would shoot the victim.
Police tracked the phone to a cell phone store on the North Side, recovered the phone and got the name of the person who sold the phone to the store.
Police say the victim identified the suspect in a photo lineup. They then arrested Mitchell J. Ratliff, 22, of Chicago's North Side, on Sunday.
Police say Ratliff admitted to the crime and charged with robbery and theft.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond 4 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 22 min ago
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos