Man arrested in Northwestern-area robbery
May 13, 2013 (EVANSTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Evanston police have arrested a robbery suspect following an incident last month near the Northwestern University campus.
The robbery occurred April 20 near the intersection of Foster St. and Sheridan Road. The victim, a 24-year-old Northwestern University graduate student, was walking while talking on his phone when someone grabbed the phone, a Samsung Galaxy 3, from him and ran.
The victim initially attempted to chase down the robber, who then yelled he would shoot the victim.
Police tracked the phone to a cell phone store on the North Side, recovered the phone and got the name of the person who sold the phone to the store.
Police say the victim identified the suspect in a photo lineup. They then arrested Mitchell J. Ratliff, 22, of Chicago's North Side, on Sunday.
Police say Ratliff admitted to the crime and charged with robbery and theft.
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton 47 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond 39 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 32 min ago
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy 14 min ago
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine, join Russia 26 min ago
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
32 min ago