Aurora prostitution sting yields 10 arrests
May 13, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- A two-day prostitution sting conducted last week by Aurora police led to charges against four men and six women.
The operation, which was staged at a private residence in Aurora, targeted several websites known for advertising sexual services, according to a release from the Aurora Police Department.
Three men were arrested and charged with solicitation of a sexual act on May 8 after they responded to an ad placed by Aurora police on one of the websites, the release said. When they arrived at the home in Aurora they allegedly offered an undercover female officer money in exchange for sex.
- PHOTOS: Mug shots from Aurora police
One suspect also faces a drug possession charge after heroin was allegedly found in her vehicle. Two of the women face felony charges based on their criminal records.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games 59 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary 19 min ago
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado 35 min ago
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 29 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden 20 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home