Witness: Power washers respond to Elk Grove Village truck fire
May 13, 2013 (ELK GROVE VILLAGE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two trucks were involved in an accident in Elk Grove Village. One of the trucks caught fire near the intersection of Thorndale and Lively.
A witness reports that an Elk Grove Village police officer attempted to put out the fire with his fire extinguisher, but it could not suppress the flames.
Several workers who were power washing a nearby building reportedly rushed to his aid and hit the flames with a powerful stream of water.
The police officer and workers then helped pull the trapped drivers to safety.
One of the drivers was transported to a nearby hospital.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 30 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 46 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 48 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 24 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 2 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 7 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
48 min ago
- 7 in :77
10 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
30 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
46 min ago