Witness: Power washers respond to Elk Grove Village truck fire
May 13, 2013 (ELK GROVE VILLAGE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two trucks were involved in an accident in Elk Grove Village. One of the trucks caught fire near the intersection of Thorndale and Lively.
A witness reports that an Elk Grove Village police officer attempted to put out the fire with his fire extinguisher, but it could not suppress the flames.
Several workers who were power washing a nearby building reportedly rushed to his aid and hit the flames with a powerful stream of water.
The police officer and workers then helped pull the trapped drivers to safety.
One of the drivers was transported to a nearby hospital.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 44 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- Dog rescued from icy Lake Michigan 9 min ago
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago 48 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine 39 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD