Woman hit by falling concrete on Lake Shore Drive
May 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A woman was struck by a large chunk of falling concrete on Lower Lake Shore Drive.
The concrete fell from Upper Lake Shore Drive onto the pedestrian walkway of the bridge over the Chicago River just before noon on Monday. A few pieces also fell onto the roadway.
The area was secured by police, and city crews were called to evaluate bridge deck. City crews expect to be back on Tuesday.
The woman suffered a head injury and her condition is not known.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 30 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold
- 7 in 77