Chicago police officer dragged by car near 83rd and Kerfoot
May 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago police officer has been seriously hurt after being struck and then dragged by a car near 83rd and Kerfoot on the South Side.
The incident happened around 9 p.m. on Monday night.
The officer is being rushed to Northwestern Hospital.
No word yet on the circumstances on how the officer ended up being dragged by a car.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports 1 min ago
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless 15 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill. 19 min ago
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time' 15 min ago
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport