Baby thrown from SUV, hit by semi-truck
May 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A baby was thrown from an SUV and hit by a semi-truck just north of the Loop Tuesday.
It happened just after 2 a.m. at Ohio and Dearborn. Police say the semi-truck ran a red light and hit the SUV at the intersection.
The 11-month-old girl was apparently being held on an adult's lap and was not in a car seat.
The baby was transported to Lurie Children's Hospital in stable condition Tuesday.
Chicago police spokesperson John Mirabelli says a woman in the backseat of the SUV was holding the child at the time of the crash.
The driver of that vehicle was cited for not using an infant child seat and not having a valid license. The driver of the truck was cited for running a red light.
Mirabelli said there was no indication alcohol was a factor.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Man in custody in fatal hit-and-run on West Side, police say 1 min ago
- Boston Marathon 2014 begins under strong security
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 55 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77