Baby thrown from SUV, hit by semi-truck
May 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A baby was thrown from an SUV and hit by a semi-truck just north of the Loop Tuesday.
It happened just after 2 a.m. at Ohio and Dearborn. Police say the semi-truck ran a red light and hit the SUV at the intersection.
The 11-month-old girl was apparently being held on an adult's lap and was not in a car seat.
The baby was transported to Lurie Children's Hospital in stable condition Tuesday.
Chicago police spokesperson John Mirabelli says a woman in the backseat of the SUV was holding the child at the time of the crash.
The driver of that vehicle was cited for not using an infant child seat and not having a valid license. The driver of the truck was cited for running a red light.
Mirabelli said there was no indication alcohol was a factor.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Chicago Weather: Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 1 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd 29 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
3 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
42 min ago