Baby thrown from SUV, hit by semi-truck
May 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A baby was thrown from an SUV and hit by a semi-truck just north of the Loop Tuesday.
It happened just after 2 a.m. at Ohio and Dearborn. Police say the semi-truck ran a red light and hit the SUV at the intersection.
The 11-month-old girl was apparently being held on an adult's lap and was not in a car seat.
The baby was transported to Lurie Children's Hospital in stable condition Tuesday.
Chicago police spokesperson John Mirabelli says a woman in the backseat of the SUV was holding the child at the time of the crash.
The driver of that vehicle was cited for not using an infant child seat and not having a valid license. The driver of the truck was cited for running a red light.
Mirabelli said there was no indication alcohol was a factor.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Jury deliberates in Allan Kustok murder trial 42 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 27 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space 43 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos