Cubs launch WrigleyField.com, online petition for $500M renovation
May 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Cubs want fans to support their $500 million renovation plan for Wrigley Field by signing an online petition.
The Cubs launched the site WrigleyField.com with an online petition, "Yes, I support the restoration of Wrigley Filed because it's a win for the Chicago economy, the Lakeview community, Cubs fans and the team."
The website describes the plan to restore Wrigley Field, and touts positives like job creation, community support, and "responsible preservation" of the Friendly Confines.
The City of Chicago has to approve the $500 million Wrigley Field renovation and neighborhood redevelopment plan. Last week, Cubs CEO Tom Ricketts spoke about what he calls the benefits of the plan for Wrigleyville business owners and other parts of Lakeview on the city's North Side.
The Cubs have had opposition from the rooftop owners, who have a contract with the team, because of large advertising and jumbotrons that could block some views.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 33 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 42 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013 30 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods 47 min ago
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge 53 min ago
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon 43 min ago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
42 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
33 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
30 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos