Jury finds Johnny Borizov guilty on all counts in Darien triple murder trial
May 14, 2013 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- A jury has found Johnny Borizov guilty on all counts in plotting the 2010 murder of his girlfriend's parents and brother.
Johnny Borizov showed no emotion as he learned he will likely spend the rest of his life in prison.
The DuPage County jurors got the case around 4 p.m. on Tuesday, the same day they heard closing arguments. Less than three hours later, they had a verdict.
DuPage County Assistant States Attorney Bernie Murray told jurors that Borizov used Jacob Nodarse as a "patsy." During the trial, Nodarse testified against his friend, saying Borizov "manipulated" him into carrying out the March 2010 killing of Jeffrey and Lori Kramer, and their son, Michael, 20.
Defense attorneys say they believe a jail house video that shows a conversation between Jacob Nodarse and Johnny Borizov proved too much to overcome.
"We talked to a couple of jurors who said several of them had doubts in the beginning but felt the tape was the most persuasive evidence," said defense attorney Richard Kling.
Borizov's defense argued that Nodarse's testimony is not believable because of Nodarse's drug use and mental illness.
"He was a dope fiend," defense attorney Susana Ortiz said.
During the murder trial, Nodarse said he moved between "reality" and "nightmares" during the murders inside the family's Darien home. Nodarse pleaded guilty but mentally ill to the murder of Jeffrey Kramer.
Borizov was in a bitter custody battle with the Kramer's daughter, Angela, at the time of the murders.
local, john garcia
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Police: 2 males found dead in South Side residence 4 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake