Gurnee school bus driver charged with sexual assault of minor
May 15, 2013 (GURNEE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A suburban school bus driver is facing sexual abuse and assault charges for what prosecutors call inappropriate conduct with an underage victim.
Kristin Miks, 32, worked as a bus driver for five years with Woodland Community School District 50 in Gurnee.
The Board of Education says Miks was suspended from her job in April when officials learned of the investigation
Police say the mother of a minor found messages from Miks referring to encounters and reported it to police.
Miks was released from custody Wednesday after posting bond. She is due in court next month.
The alleged victim was not a student in the school district.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney