Outbound Eisenhower reopens at Route 83 after semi truck rolls over
May 15, 2013 (ELMHURST, Ill.) (WLS) -- The driver of a semi truck is hospitalized with serious injuries after his rig overturned on an suburban expressway ramp Wednesday afternoon.
The injured driver was taken to a hospital by helicopter after the crash.
It happened on a ramp connecting the Eisenhower Expressway to northbound Route 83 in DuPage County.
The 73-year-old driver had to be pulled from the wreckage.
The closure from York Road to Route 83 led to a major backup on outbound Eisenhower Expressway.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt 6 min ago
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Barrington meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting' 44 min ago
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
54 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos