Outbound Eisenhower reopens at Route 83 after semi truck rolls over
May 15, 2013 (ELMHURST, Ill.) (WLS) -- The driver of a semi truck is hospitalized with serious injuries after his rig overturned on an suburban expressway ramp Wednesday afternoon.
The injured driver was taken to a hospital by helicopter after the crash.
It happened on a ramp connecting the Eisenhower Expressway to northbound Route 83 in DuPage County.
The 73-year-old driver had to be pulled from the wreckage.
The closure from York Road to Route 83 led to a major backup on outbound Eisenhower Expressway.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains