Monica Warner, 23, killed in Geneva car crash with garbage truck
May 15, 2013 (GENEVA, Ill). (WLS) -- A car and a garbage truck collided in west suburban Geneva Wednesday morning, killing 23-year-old Monica Warner of North Aurora.
It happened on East Fabyan Parkway, which was shut down in both directions between Raddant and Washington.
At approximately 6 a.m. Wednesday, Warner pulled out from a private drive onto Fabyan Parkway near its intersection with Nagel Boulevard and was then hit by a garbage truck, according to authorities.
Warner was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other injuries were immediately reported.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for youth
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas